Beautiful Joe’s Leash-free Park
In September 2013, I was so overjoyed that my hometown, Meaford, opened a fenced-in Dog Park at the junction of Grant Avenue and Aitken Street, just a 5 minute walk from Memorial Park. What an honour it is that it bears my name! A few things about my great dog park:
- 2 completely fenced-in areas to safely romp and socialize – 1 for small dogs and 1 for larger breeds
- Trash cans and waste bags are provided and I really appreciate that you keep my Parks clean
- Trees were planted in the Fall of 2014 to provide beauty and future shade
- It is a four season Park for visitors and residents to enjoy and drinking water is available in the hot summer months
- Parking is available onsite
- Close by Memorial Park offers its own stretch of glorious beach just for dogs!
- Future plans for the Leash-free Park include benches and a bulletin board for posting Lost Pets and local Events
The Municipality of Meaford had funded one half of the $18,000 cost of construction and development of my Leash-free Park. My dear friends at the Society were responsible for the remaining $9,000. Through several very successful fund-raising campaigns, BJHS achieved their goal several months ahead of schedule through the generosity of the local community and online donors. The final cheque was presented to the Municpality of Meaford on November 21, 2016. The Beautiful Joe Heritage Society is so appreciative of all their supporters that made this all possible!
Please visit my Leash-free Dog Park and watch for future improvements.
Sponsorship opportunities may be available also. Please contact us by phone 519-538-5895 or by email email@example.com.